How to Renew your Medical Cannabis Card in Utah
Published: November 5th, 2021
Do you have questions about how to renew your medical card in Utah? The process can be a bit tricky but by following the instructions below you’ll be able to continue to purchase medical cannabis at your favorite Utah cannabis pharmacy (hopefully that’s with WholesomeCo!).
Please note: You can complete the renewal process 30 days prior to your card’s expiration date, but you won’t be issued your updated card until after your previous card has expired. For a video explanation of the renewal process, watch this video here.
- Log in to the EVS and navigate to your patient profile.
- Hover over Tracking Inbox in the top left-hand corner of your screen and click Patient (not New Patient).
- Click your name.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Patient page and click the blue ‘Save and Submit 'Registration' button. Your status will change to ‘Awaiting Certification.’
- Your QMP must enter a new certification for you so schedule a renewal appointment with your QMP. If you’d like to change QMP’s, check out the QMP finder tool here.
- After your QMP has renewed your certification, your status in the EVS will change to ‘Awaiting Payment.’ Now you may pay for your renewal.
- See instructions on payment in EVS here.
- If your status is “Renewal Completed” or “Awaiting State Review,” you are good to go! Just wait for the Utah Department of Health to approve your card and then you’ll receive a confirmation email that your card has been renewed.
Note: Cards renewed after 90 days are valid for six months by default.
How much does it cost to renew your card?
Costs will vary depending on what qualified medical provider you went to obtain your medical cannabis card. See below for the typical costs you should expect.
- Initial Visit: $175 - 250 evaluation fee + $15 state fee
- 90-day Follow-up: $50 - $75 evaluation fee + $5 state fee
- 6-month Follow-up: $150 evaluation fee + 15 state fee
- 2nd 6-month Follow-up: $99-$150 evaluation fee + $15 state fee
- Yearly Follow-Up: $150 evaluation fee + $15 state fee
Some QMPs will still require 6-month follow-ups instead of doing a yearly follow-up. This is at the discretion of the QMP.
More Questions about medical card renewal? Contact 801-538-6504. For IT issues, you can call the EVS IT department at 801-538-5779.
If your medical card is valid and renewed, you can shop our full menu here.