WholesomeCo Direct’s Policies and Procedures for Deliveries of Medical Cannabis
Please read these Policies and Procedures (“Policies”) prior to placing a delivery order with WholesomeCo. Direct (the “Service”). Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on Your acceptance of and compliance with the following Policies. If You do not agree to these Policies, You may not use our Service.
In these Policies, “WholesomeCo,” “we,” “us,” and “our,” shall refer to WholesomeCo Direct Inc., located at 580 West 100 North West Bountiful, UT 84010 and “You” and “Your” shall refer to the Patient or Designated Caregiver making and receiving the delivery order pursuant to the Utah Medical Cannabis Act (Utah Code Annotated § 26-61a-101 et seq.).
Section 1: Who Can Place an Order
In order to place and receive a delivery order, pursuant to Utah Code Annotated § 26-61a-607(1), the following must me true:
- You must have an active medical cannabis card under the same name that appears on the valid form of photo identification indicating You are a patient or a designated caregiver (You must have this available to present at time of delivery).
- You must have a government issued photo ID (for verification purposes at time of delivery)
- Your delivery address must match the address You have provided in the Utah Electronic Verification System (EVS)
Utah Code Annotated § 26-61a-607(1)
1. Medical Cannabis Card. Beginning January 1, 2021, a Patient must obtain a medical cannabis card from the Utah Department of Health in order to purchase medical cannabis from a medical cannabis pharmacy. There are four types of medical cannabis cards:
- Patient Cards: Patients 18 years of age and older. Patients under 21 years of age must obtain approval from the Compassionate Use Board.
- Guardian Cards: Parents or legal guardians of minors who are eligible to consume medical cannabis. These cards are issued in conjunction with provisional patient cards.
- Provisional Patient Cards: Minors under the age of 18 who meet the eligibility requirements to consume medical cannabis. These are issued in conjunction with guardian cards. All provisional patient cards must have approval from the Compassionate Use Board.
- Caregiver Cards: Adults 21 years of age and older who care for patient cardholders who are unable to procure or consume medical cannabis on their own. Caregivers must be designated by the patient cardholders they will be assisting.
To learn more about obtaining a medical cannabis card, click here.
2. Government-Issued Photo ID. Only the patient, or licensed caregiver, can accept the delivery. Therefore, You must be home at the selected time and be ready to present a valid, government-issued photo ID at the time of delivery. Acceptable forms of ID include: a State Identification Card or Driver License, a United States passport or passport card.
3. Delivery Address. Please ensure that Your information and application are up to date in the EVS. We are required by law to verify the shipment information using the EVS. Utah Code Annotated § 26-61a-607(2)(a). We reserve the right to reject any order to an address that does not match the information in the EVS. Additionally, You (the Patient or Designated Caregiver) must be able to meet at the front door of Your home/building to receive Your delivery.
Section 2: How to Place an Order
Please read our Step by Step Guide for detailed instructions on how to place an order.
Section 3: What to Expect On The Day Of Your Delivery
You must be home at Your selected day and time of delivery, and have Your medical cannabis card and government issued photo ID ready. You must be able to meet the courier agent at the door of Your home or building to accept delivery.
Deliveries will be made by a third party vendor licensed under the state laws of Utah to deliver medical cannabis. Utah Code Annotated § 26-61a-604.
Prior to Delivery: You will receive two text messages on the day of Your delivery:
- On the day of Your delivery, You will receive a text message when the driver is on the way, which will include the driver's estimated time of arrival and a reminder to have Your documents ready.
- You will receive an auto text message when the driver is arriving to Your residence.
During Your Delivery: A Courier, wearing an ID lanyard and a WholesomeCo shirt will meet You at the door of Your home or building. R380-408-2(3)(a).The Courier will use PPE and sanitize his or her hands prior to each delivery. The Courier will:
- Confirm Your identity by checking Your medical cannabis card and government-issued photo ID. Utah Code Annotated § 26-61a-607(2)(b).
- Show You the package to verify the label matches Your name.
- Place Your ID on top of the delivery box next to the state fee label listing Your name and take a photo. This Proof of Delivery verifies that: a) You accepted the delivery and b) You received the correct package.
- The package will include printed material that notes the home delivery medical cannabis pharmacy’s contact information, and hours when a PMP at the home delivery medical cannabis pharmacy is available for counseling over the phone. R380-408-2(3)(b).
- The Courier will then hand You the package and leave. WholesomeCo will record the completion of the shipment transaction in the EVS. Utah Code Annotated § 26-61a-607(2)(d).
Section 4: Delivery Exceptions Guide
I want to…
Make Changes to an Order:
You cannot change Your order after it is placed. If a change is needed, please cancel Your order and create a new order.
Cancel My Order:
In the event you need to cancel your order, you can do so by emailing email@example.com or calling 385-777-6375.
If the order is cancelled prior to the PAC code being entered to complete the Hypur payment, no refund will be necessary.
If the order is cancelled after the PAC code was entered and payment was completed- we will initiate the refund with Hypur. (Patient does not need to initiate the return with Hypur)
Reschedule My Order:
Prior To The Scheduled Delivery Date:
Please contact WholesomeCo as soon as possible to discuss options for rescheduling your delivery. We will make every effort to reschedule deliveries, but cannot guarantee a delivery will be rescheduled within 24 hours of the scheduled time. email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 385-777-6375
You Missed the Delivery:
In the event that a courier arrives at the residence within the scheduled time frame and You are not available to accept Your package, the Courier will notify our delivery operations team and attempt to contact you.
If You respond and confirm You are on Your way - the Courier can wait a maximum of 15 minutes for You to arrive, if their current delivery schedule allows.
If You are not able to accept delivery during Your scheduled time slot, the Courier will upload a photo of the residence and mark the delivery as missed.
You will automatically receive a text message upon missed delivery - and our staff will proactively reach out to You to assist in rescheduling. You may work with delivery ops to reschedule for the next business day we are servicing that area.
PLEASE NOTE: If You miss more than 2 orders in a year, we may refuse to deliver orders to you.
Return My Order
Orders may only be returned if (1) You receive the wrong order or wrong items, or (2) You receive a defective product.
Wrong Order/Wrong Items:
If You receive the wrong box, or the wrong items please reach out to delivery ops as soon as possible, no later than 48 hrs after delivery. Please be prepared to send a photo of the issue to email@example.com for our staff to review and assist in resolving
Once we verify that certain items were incorrectly delivered and have not been tampered with or used in any fashion, we will arrange to have a driver pick up the wrong box/items at the next available shift possible and bring You the replacement items/box to make an exchange. All the same protocols for receiving a delivery will be followed (i.e. checking Your required documents, etc).
WholesomeCo does not allow the Courier to accept returns at the point of delivery. Any returns must be done in-store.
We allow returns for defective cartridges and contaminated products (i.e mold in gelatinous cubes) ONLY. To return products that fall under these conditions You must have the original packaging with the Lot ID, Batch, or PkgID number fully legible.
Contaminated products must be returned within 2 days of original purchase on receipt.
We cannot exchange products. We will refund the entire cash amount due for the defective product. You are free to make another purchase at time of refund if You choose to. If You decide to make another purchase, the required $3 State Fee will be applied to Your order.
We do not accept returns for Medical Hardware devices. Please contact the manufacturer regarding their warranty policy if the product does not work.
We cannot accept a return for "just not liking" a product. Per Wholesome’s inventory control policies, in order for us to accept a return, it has to be defective for us to be able to refund the product.
Section 5: Contact Us
If You have questions about these policies and procedures, please CONTACT US Your use of the Services constitutes Your ongoing acceptance of these Policies and Procedures, as may be amended from time to time.
For any questions or issues with any delivery order You have placed, You can contact us in the following ways:
- EMAIL: Patients can reach out to our Delivery Operations Team at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Someone will review Your message and respond within 1-2 business days.
- INSTANT MESSAGING: If You have an active order in Dutchie, may contact us via instant messaging.
- CALL OR TEXT: Delivery Operations (385) 777-6375.
During an active delivery (i.e. just prior to and during a delivery) You have the ability to initiate a call and/or text message communication with the Courier Agent or delivery operations Administrator.